- Our goal is to follow God, not men.
- Our goal is to understand and practice the truth, not tradition.
[amazon_link asins=’B01H1JBBK0′ template=’ProductAd’ store=’brodneil-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’2949e3a7-eedd-11e6-a028-ab8903b1b33f’]
- The true authority is the Word of God and the Word of God alone.
- It is our responsibility to determine the validity of the teachings.
- Yeshua is the Word of God in the flesh. He only practiced the Word of God and taught the Word of God. Nothing more and nothing less. Yeshua fully preached and verified the Law of God, His Torah.
- Yeshua is our example on how to walk the Word of God. Whatever our Messiah did is the example we are to follow, exactly. Yeshua represents the perfect model to emulate in our practice of God’s Word.
- Yahweh’s calendar is a part of the Law of God and is thus a necessary part of Yeshua fully preaching the Law of God and is also part of the example He modeled for us to follow just the same.
In support of Assumption 3:
Yeshua is the Word of God in the flesh. He only practiced the Word of God and taught the Word of God. Nothing more and nothing less. Yeshua fully preached and verified the Law of God, His Torah.
Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
17 “Don’t think that I have come to abolish the Torah or the Prophets. I have come not to abolish but to complete. 18 Yes indeed! I tell you that until heaven and earth pass away, not so much as a yud or a stroke will pass from the Torah — not until everything that must happen has happened. 19 So whoever disobeys the least of these mitzvot and teaches others to do so will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But whoever obeys them and so teaches will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness is far greater than that of the Torah-teachers and P’rushim, you will certainly not enter the Kingdom of Heaven!
King James Version (KJV)
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Interpretation as Researched:
Christ Fully Preached the Law
17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fully preach (πληρόω / pléroó / fulfill / complete) . 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
pléroó: to make full, to complete
Original Word: πληρόω
Part of Speech: Verb
Phonetic Spelling: (play-ro’-o)
Short Definition: I fill, fulfill, complete
Definition: I fill, fulfill, complete.
accomplish (1), accomplished (1), amply supplied (1), approaching (1), complete (1), completed (3), completing (1), elapsed (1), fill (3), filled (16), fills (1), finished (1), fulfill (20), fulfilled (20), fully carry (1), fully come (1), fully preached (1), increasing (1), made complete (2), made full (5), make…full (1), make…complete (1), passed (2), supply (1).
Leviticus 23 is where we can find the appointed times.
Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
9 “Remember things that happened
at the beginning, long ago —
that I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me.
10 At the beginning I announce the end,
proclaim in advance things not yet done;
and I say that my plan will hold,
I will do everything I please to do.
Understanding: Go back to the beginning to understand the end; there is nothing new under the sun.
Hebraic Thinking Vs. Greek Thinking
Pattens Vs. Evolution
Pictures Vs. Abstract
Action Orientated Vs. Philosophical
Cycles Vs. Linear
Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
(A: ii) 14 God said, “Let there be lights in the dome of the sky to divide the day from the night; let them be for signs, seasons (moedim), days and years; 15 and let them be for lights in the dome of the sky to give light to the earth”; and that is how it was. 16 God made the two great lights — the larger light to rule the day and the smaller light to rule the night — and the stars.
- The lights in the sky are to be observed.
- One of the main functions of the lights in the sky is for signs and seasons.
- They are use to calculate the appointed times/days (moedim).
- Absence of the sun is night; presence of the sun is day.
- Watch, observe, and know the pattern.
- The larger light to rule the day and the smaller light to rule the night — and the stars.
- Greeks use the sun while Babylonians use the moon. Other cultures use the stars. Should we not use the sun and the moon because the pagans use it? Of course, not.
- The sun, moon, and stars are instruments; we do not worship them as pagans do. We use them as intended by the creator to observe signs and seasons.
- How to read the lights: Sun for the day and night, moon for the month, and the stars for the year.
- The larger light to rule the day, and smaller light to rule the day.
- A year can have as at least 12 months, but it does not say in the scripture that it cannot have 13 months. The moon pattern can have about 12-13 months in a year.
- Heaven and Earth serve as witnesses.
Deuteronomy 30:19-20 – Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
19 “I call on heaven and earth to witness against you today that I have presented you with life and death, the blessing and the curse. Therefore, choose life, so that you will live, you and your descendants, 20 loving Adonai your God, paying attention to what he says and clinging to him — for that is the purpose of your life! On this depends the length of time you will live in the land Adonai swore he would give to your ancestors Avraham, Yitz’chak and Ya‘akov.”
- Sun and moon are the two great lights as compared to the stars.
- Observing the sun from the vantage point of Jerusalem:
- 1st Marker: equal day and night (Spring)
- 2nd Marker: moment of most daylight (Summer)
- 3rd Marker: equal day and night (Fall/Autumn)
- 4th Marker: moment of most night (Winter)
- The sun, moon, and stars (in that order of importance dictate our units of time of days, months, and years. The sun and the moon are the two great singular lights are greater than the numerous stars. The sun is the greater of the great lights and the moon is the less of the great lights. The stars are the least of all. Thus, the order of stated importance from the greatest to least asre the sun (as days), moon (as months), and stars (as years). The days are greater than the months or years because you cannot have months or years without days. The months are greater than years because you cannot have a year without being inclusive of days or months. The year, or stars, are the least of these. This is why the sun and moon are the two great lights with the sun being the greater of the two great lights and the moon being the lesser of the two great lights. The stars are not considered a great light, but instead, as evidenced when looking up, they are many small lights and still depend on the sun and moon to accurately determine the start of the year in the annual patter of the stars.
- To determine the day, all we have to ask ourselves is simply this, “what does the sun do?” The pattern of the sun is evening and morning, which gives us a night and a day. We see that night comes first, then day as evidenced in the beginning in which there was darkness (night) while Yahweh hovered over the deep, and then day as light entered when He spoke the Word. Thus the first, second, or third of the month, etc begins at night, and then enters into day. The pattern continues throughout the month and year.
- Next we have the moon, To determine the month, all we have to do is simply ask, “what does the moon do?” We see that the moon has a cycle of darkness growing into light and then back into darkness. The observant student of the Word should quickly realize that such a pattern already exists in the pattern of the sun. The sun starts in darkness (night), grows into light (morning), enters into light (day), enters back into darkness (evening), and finally becomes darkness again. If the pattern of the moon is the same as the sun, then simple deduction would have us conclude that we should use the very same pattern, not something new. Thus, like creation, the moon, or month, starts in darkness, or actually, more accurately, the month starts in lunar conjunction. So the first of the month is the first night or day that contains the conjunction.
- Next, we have the stars. When we ask, “what do the stars do?” We then discover that the stars have annual pattern, and thus common sense would dictate that the stars are the mechanism related to determine a year. Like the moon is dependent on the sun to determine the days the consist of the lunar cycle of a month, the stars are dependent on the sun and moon to determine not only the days and the month that consist of a year, but also dictate the arrival of the first day and month of the year. The first of the month is the what contains the moon marker of the lunar conjunction. Likewise, the first month of the year is the what contains the spring equinox marker of the sun. That marker is chosen because it best fits the pattern offered in creation.
- The Sabbath is also evidenced in Genesis chapter one. We see that the pattern is six days and nights, and the seventh is the Sabbath.
- The first 16 verses of the bible can teach us about the basic astronomical observation: days, months, and years.
- Binary system has not yet been proven: http://www.space.com/22538-nemesis-star.html
- If Genesis refers to this binary system, then we could have been stuck for centuries or generations in the night or day since we do not know if our sun is the larger light or the smaller light until we can see the twin star (Nemesis) in our very own eyes.
- Larger light for now is the sun, while the smaller light is the moon, that is as far as our eyes can see.